- Published on Friday, 07 February 2014 13:11
11th IMISCOE annual conference
Immigration, Social Cohesion and Social Innovation
27-28-29th August 2014
Instituto Universitario de Estudios sobre Migraciones (IUEM)
Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid (Spain)
THE DATE FOR SUBMITTING PAPER AND PANEL PROPOSALS IS EXTENDED TILL APRIL 3rd (24.00 CET)
The 11th IMISCOE Annual Conference welcomes contributions by scholars from various disciplines, on all aspects of migration, integration and ethnic studies. Submissions directly related to the conference theme are welcome as well as those on other topics in the broad field of migration studies. The conference is open to IMISCOE network members and non-members alike. Individual papers as well as specific types of panels (all 90 minutes) can be submitted:
• Papers. Submissions of paper proposals should include a 250 word abstract. The IMISCOE conference committee will propose thematic panels based on the individual paper submissions that are accepted for presentation.
• Research panels. Proposals for a research panel should consist of 4 or 5 coherent and related papers. Submissions should include a 250 word abstract of the theme of the panel, the author names, title and a max. 250 word abstract per paper. All research panels are recommended to also appoint a discussant.
• Workshops. This can involve book workshops or policy workshops. The aim of such workshops can be to discuss research or rather to shape a future research agenda. Book workshops should involve a broader panel of participants to discuss and reflect on a book. Policy workshops should explicitly engage people beyond academia, such as policymakers, politicians or NGO representatives. Submissions for workshops should include a max. 400 word overview of the rationale of the workshop and the persons (academic as well as non-academic) taking part in the workshops.
All proposals can be submitted through the menu on the left.
THE DATE FOR SUBMITTING PANEL AND PAPER PROPOSALS IS EXTENDED TILL APRIL3rd (24:00CET)
- Published on Tuesday, 04 February 2014 16:45
Wednesday August 27th
18:00-20:00 Opening Reception
Thursday August 28th
9:00 Welcoming by rector of Comillas Pontifical University and by a representative of the City of Madrid
9:15 Keynote by Jürgen Howald, (Technische Universität Dortmund)
11:00 Maria Baganha Dissertation Award ceremony
11:30 Roundtable on Immigration, Social Cohesion and Social Innovation, with Mary Hickman, Ceren Ogzen and Jeremy Millard
14:00 - 17:30 Workshop Sessions
19:00 Tour to Lavapies (intercultural area in Madrid) and dinner
Friday August 29th
9:30 - 17:30 Workshop sessions
17:30 Closing session with keynotes by
- Allessandra Venturini (University of Turin)
- Demetrios Papademetriou (MPI)
The conference will be held at the main campus of Comillas Pontificia University in the centre of Madrid (see here).
- Published on Tuesday, 04 February 2014 16:46
For more information on the IUEM institute of the Universidad Pontificia Comillias, click here: