Offer publication date: 11/07/2022
The project “BROAD-ER: Bridging the Migration and Urban Studies Nexus” was awarded under the call HORIZON-WIDERA-2021-ACCESS-03 (Twinning). Apart from GRITIM-UPF, it includes two more partners: Universiteit van Amsterdam (Netherlands) and Koç University (Turkey, coordinator).
The PhD Student will work on her/his research supervised by R. Zapata-Barrero on a topic directly related to link urban studies and migration studies in an innovative way, preferably comparative, and focused on Urban Politics and Migration Governance from a Multi-level perspective. The candidate will have the opportunity to do some stays abroad in the framework of his/her PhD. The candidate will manage the agenda of the project and the different activities and actions within different Work-Packages, including writing reports, overviews, data collection, and assisting the main training activities and research performed by the team leader.
This call is subject to the official admission requirements in the doctoral programs according to RD 99/2011, and all the submission requirements of the PhD Programme in the Department of Social and Political Science (UPF). The candidate can be already in the PhD program (first year preferably) or requesting its incorporation. In this last case, the selection will constitute a pre-selection, and will be subject to the final decision of the independent evaluative committee established by the PhD program of the Department.
(Note: candidates should fulfill all five requirements)
- Master degree in Social Sciences (areas political science, sociology, urban studies, migration studies), with highest qualifications. The last two years.
- Having a PhD project on Urban Governance and Migration Studies
- Demonstrated high level of fluency in written academic English
- Ability to work independently on the generation of reports and managing different activities related to the project.
To apply for this position, candidates send the documentation by interfolio through the following link: http://apply.interfolio.com/109510
- A letter of motivation (max. 800 words) explaining how the candidate fulfills each of the 4 qualifications mentioned in the PhD Grant description. Explaining his CV and career plans.
- One brief overview on the literature linking Urban studies and migration studies today (max. 800 words without references).
- A copy of CV.
- A copy of your DNI/NIE or Passport.
- Two Referees names that we can contact. Request a brief explanation justifying the selection.
- A draft of the PhD project following the submission requirements of the PhD Programme of the Department of Social and Political Science.
Part-time position: 20h
Type of contract: Permanent as provided in the RD 32/2021 de 28 de desembre de 2021.
Only applications from candidates who fulfill 5 requirements mentioned above will be
● Disciplinary fit with project: 1-5 points;
● PhD Project fitting the call: 1-5 points
● Relevant additional skills (the candidate can provide additional evidences): 1-5
President: Ricard Zapata-Barrero (GRITIM-UPF)
Secretary: Ahmed Icduygu (Koc University, Turkey) and
Vocal: Jan Rath (University Amsterdam, Neverlands)
Deadline for submission of applications: 21/08/22